Book Your Dermaplaning Rejuvenation Treatment
for that Super Glow!
BodyWellness of Naples is now offering Dermaplaning services as a rejuvenating facial treatment to enhance deep exfoliation, removal of vellus hair (peach fuzz), superior product absorption and application.
This 75 minute facial includes an enzyme peel mask and customized hydration mask made just for your skin type. Your skin will feel incredibly smooth and balanced, plus you will leave with a beautiful glow!
Repeat "Pro" Dermaplaners are also eligible for the 45 minute Express Dermaplane Pro Treatment, including a Rapid Enzyme Mask and Moisturizer. This Express Facial may be added to any massage session with advanced notice and consult.
Just one treatment will diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and prepare the skin for maximum absorption of hydrating, nourishing serums. Multiple Dermaplaning treatments will result in more even toned skin and diminished sun damage. Some clients will see a significant decrease in break outs since peach fuzz and surface debris trap dirt, oils and pore clogging dead skin build up. Clients who wear make up will experience even and secure applications for a day long polished finish.
Safe for all skin types and ages, Dermaplaning creates a healthier, more radiant appearance!
75 Minute Dermaplaning Rejuvenation Treatment Facial $145
(Includes Enzyme Peel and Customized Hydrating Mask)
45 Minute Express Dermaplane Pro Treatment $95
(Includes Rapid Enzyme Mask and Moisturizer)
*Available for repeat "Pro" Dermaplaners only*
The Pros and Cons of Dermaplaning:
Source: American Spa
by Nicole Altavilla Jan 9,2020
One of the trendiest hair-removal options today is dermaplaning, which is performed using a scalpel to manually exfoliate dead skin cells from the face. “Dermaplaning is a physical exfoliation method that requires the use of a sterile surgical scalpel to gently shave the top layer of the skin, the stratum corneum, dead skin layer, and vellus hair, aka peach fuzz,” says Rosanna Siracusa, esthetician at Skin Matrx (Burbank, CA). “This treatment results in ultra-smooth, fresh, and brighter skin. By removing that dead layer and hair from the face, the skin is evened out, and it helps with cell metabolism, which helps new skin come to the surface.” But is dermaplaning just a passing trend? Or is it a treatment worth investing in? Here are some pros and cons:
* It painlessly exfoliates the stratum corneum to stimulate cellular turnover with little to no downtime.
* It is a great option for clients with sensitive skin and pregnant women who are looking for a deep exfoliation.
* It can be performed prior to treatments like facials, laser, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels for better product penetration.
* It can be performed frequently.
* It helps makeup go on smoother and more evenly.
* It can help significantly lighten post-inflammatory scars from past acne.
* It does not make the hair grow back thicker and darker.
* It is typically more expensive than some other hair-removal treatments.
* The results might not be as long-lasting as other hair-removal methods, such as waxing, as the hair is not removed from the root.
* Results will differ depending on a client’s individual hair-growth cycle.
* Not everyone is a candidate. Clients with active and cystic acne should avoid this type of hair removal, as it can cause further irritation. Also, it is contraindicated for clients with hirsutism, a condition of excessive male-pattern hair growth in women.